Friday, August 14, 2009

Whew...one week down.

The students came back to school on Wednesday and althought it's been a great first week I am absolutely exhausted. I have had a tougher time than unsual adjusting to being back at work. Hopefully, I can get back in a routine and stop feeling utterly spent when I get home in the evening. With Sid not being here, I'm taking it back to my single days when I took naps....lots of naps.

My "even" day, which is, planning (except not really because I have to oversee guard), women's choir, men's choir, and concert choir is a demanding day. I'm going to have to figure out how to find time to take a break at some point during that day. Poor 4th block is going to get the brunt end of going a whole day without a break. They are tough though...they can handle it!!

Thought I would update everyone on how Sid is doing. He is absolutely LOVING teaching at Marian so far. They had band camp this week and everyday has just been story after story about how great the kids are and how much fun he is having teaching them. It makes me so happy to hear that from him. I can't wait to meet his students and see the band perform. He said they were like a "mini drum corps." lol

This will be the first weekend we've been apart. I can already tell that's when it will be tough...for me anyway. Netflix delivered two movies: Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 and Revolutionary Road. So Pudge and I are going to clean house and watch movies this weekend. I might even throw in a little pool time too!

I smell football in the air too.....14 days until the first HHS game, 22 days until the Tide rolls! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment