Monday, August 10, 2009

Good things are a comin'




Well today was my first "official" day back at school. There is such a good vibe at HHS right now. I hope it carries throughout the year. We have a new principal, Mrs. Gober, and I really think she is going to do great things at HHS with the help of a supportive faculty and community.


I have spent the evening trying to program our AMEA concert. Here are some pieces I'm thinking about. Any suggestions from you choir people out there would be greatly appreciated!



Hodie! - Leavitt

Sing Unto God - Fetler

Cantate Domino - Pitoni (from this past year)

Adoramus Te, Christe - Palestrina

Jai vu Le Loup - Hatfield

Gota - Karlsson

Ritmo - Davison

Dide Te Deo - Brown

MLK - King Singers

The Seal Lullaby - Whitacre

The Epitaph - Martin

Give me Jesus - Kauffmann

Up to the Mountain - Shaw (listen to Kelly Clarkson sing it on YouTube...awesome!)

Ain' A That Good News - arr. Dawson - spiritual


Just some ideas. Of course we won't do all of them but I want to program pieces that are educational for the kids, yet enjoyable, but also plan a little something for everyone as well.


One more day of planning, cleaning, and organizing then the kids come Wednesday. Usually at this point I'm having trouble sleeping because of my crazy nightmares about school (teachers, you know what I'm talking about) but honestly this year I am really looking forward to gettng started.


If guard camp and band camp were any indicator of what this year will bring it is going to be a FANTASTIC year!! I get another student teacher in November too! Woo hoo!! Best of luck to all of my teachers friends and students heading back to school

2 comments:

  1. Libby! I am so excited you are blogging! Now be a good little blogger and don't go weeks or months without blogging. I am so glad I can keep up with you this way. I didn't know all the details on Indy and now I do. You and Sid are in my prayers. This year is going to be tough! I want to have you over some for dinner. Please let me know what nights will work. I don't want you always eating alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to know that you feel so positive about the school this year. Hoping it's a good year all around!

    ReplyDelete