Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My reminder.....

So this summer, early June to be exact, Sid and I decided to plant some sunflowers. Well, Sid can't do anything half way and soon because obsessed with nurturing and caring for his precious flowers. He was SO worried about them when it moved because I'm not the best at gardening (i.e. taking time to water things so they don't die, lol).


I told him I would think of the flowers as a symbol of our relationship and that just as the flowers needed to be watered and cared for so did our long distance relationship. Yeah corny I know. Here's what the flowers look like as of today.


The pictures really don't do them justice. They are beautiful and almost 6 ft. tall. I can't wait for Sid to come home next weekend and see them in person. He's coming home for my 10 year high school reunion. It should be fun!
Finishing out my first full week of school. Still good so far...in fact getting better, believe it or not!! So ready for football season. Last weekend was really tough. I'm NOT a homebody and all of my friends were either out of town or busy. Although my best friend Jessica stopped by Sunday evening and we had a great time just catching up. I miss the days of Sunday night dinners in Tuscaloosa....great times. Ok, I digress....don't need to stoll down memory lane tonight! 17 days.....Roll Tide!!

1 comment: