So I'm not a very good blogger. I read some of these REAL blogs and I'm just amazed! But there are a few people that aren't on Facebook (I know, crazy) that enjoy reading updates on us Hearns so I'll keep at it. Plus it's still a great way for me to document everything since I'm apparently never going to get a single scrapbook finished! :-)
Catherine turned 8 months old on December 5th and here's what's new with her:
1) She is sitting up all by herself and actually enjoys it now. Now we just have to figure out how to get out of the sitting position gracefully, lol. Right now it's more of a fall over and that scares Mommy a little.
2) No crawling yet, but we just keep saying any day now. She rocks on her knees and pushes a little. She can get anywhere and everywhere rolling so we think she's content with that for now. We aren't rushing it....it's hard enough to keep up with her now!!!
3) She's said her first word which wasn't mommy or daddy it was GUH which is apparently what she is going to call Pudge. We say Pudge's name A LOT so this should have been expected. She makes the funniest, cutest sounds and is VERY vocal....hmmmm...I wonder why?
4) She loves her feet, pulling off her socks, and eating her shoes. Sid blames this on me because I didn't teach her to like socks (because I hate socks). This is a problem when its 6 degrees outside and she's pulling off her shoes when we are out and about. She's so proud of herself when she does it though that we have to laugh a little!
5) She is eating a few finger foods (i.e. puffs). She is such a good baby I'm honestly scared to try a lot of new things but it's obviously inevitable. If we actually ate dinner (a healthy dinner) I would give her some table food. We'll see how that goes. I'm not in any big hurry for that. She seems fine with milk and baby food for now!
6) She officially has 5 teeth that have cut through. Three on the bottom and get this 2 on top but only one of the two is the front tooth. lol The other front tooth will cut through any day now though. The last 3 have pretty much all come at the same time. Other than a little drool and some occasional fussiness she has handled teething VERY well (knock on wood!).
7) Finally, she is just SO much fun right now. We can actually sit and play with her and work on learning things. She just laughs and laughs and we have a big time. She LOVES her bouncer and spends a lot of time there but every night we get in the floor and play and this is our most favorite time of day.
It just keeps getting better and better. The top picture is my profile pic on FB and I just love it. The bottom pic is one I took trying to get some shots for a Christmas card. You can see the snow in the background! It really portrays her cute personality right now. We leave in the morning for Tennessee to celebrate the holidays with the Richardson clan. I'm excited for C to get to meet great Aunts and Uncles and cousins for the first time.
Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday season with your families. I know this will be one to remember for us.