Sunday, August 9, 2009

SURPRISE!!

On Monday, July 27th, I felt the need to take a pregnancy test. We have not been "preventing" anything from happening so I typically keep the tests on hand, just in case. So I took it and didn't really think anything about it and continued to complete my morning routine. Well, when I went to brush my teeth I looked down at it and it said had a "+" sign. Uh oh. So I thought maybe that was just a mistake, it was just a cheap Target brand test. I stopped on my way to school (we were starting guard camp) and bought a more expensive test. I took it when I got to school....positive. BIG UH OH!

After a mild panic attack I called my friend Lisa. I couldn't call Sid or my mom because I didn't want to make them stroke out. Anyway, she told me two positives pretty much meant that I was pregnant. Well, that wasn't good enough so I texted (yes, I text my doctor) Dr. Wideman, my OB/GYN and said, I'm slightly freaking out can I come in this afternoon. So sure enough.....went to see him Monday afternoon and it's official. I'm pregnant.

Pregnant.....PREGNANT. Wow! I have really been wanting to get pregnant lately but with everything going on with Sid and the move knew it wasn't the best time. Well, I guess God had a different plan.

I went back to the doctor on 8/6 and he did an ultra sound. It's VERY early which is why I'm saving this post for a later date. I'm only about 5 1/2 weeks but there is definitely a baby growing inside of me.


Crazy huh?? I still can't believe it. I'm VERY worried that something will go wrong but I'm hopeful that it won't. Both of our parents know and our brothers and sisters. We are weary of telling too many people too early. We are excited and scared!! We are trying to figure out ways for Sid to be as involved as possible even though he's not here. Yay for technology!!

I will go back to the doctor in 4 weeks and should be able to hear a heartbeat. So many exciting things happening for us right now!! I just continue to be amazed! Wow....that's really all I can say right now.


1 comment: